Christmas is coming and Bridport is ready!
The whole town, surrounding villages and visitors to the area are invited to attend the popular Christmas Cheer evening taking place in 2019 on Wednesday 5th December from 4.00 to 8.00pm. The FREE community event has something for all the family to enjoy. With lots of festive entertainment, it is a time to get in the Christmas mood, find that special Christmas gift and join in the merriment!
- Carol singing by local schools
- Lantern procession
- A free gift will be given to every child that visits Father Christmas in Santa’s Grotto, outside of the Art Centre (kindly sponsored by Toymaster and Groves Nursery)
- In Bucky Doo Square, outside The Bull Hotel and the Ropemakers there will be non-stop live music from local performers
- Dance performances inside Electric Palace and outside Bridport Antiques
- Many shops open for late night shopping
- 70+ arts, crafts and charity stalls in the Town Hall, Art Centre and Electric Palace
- The LSI and Alembic Canteen have a programme of events for all to enjoy
- Bridport museum will be running a raffle, offering refreshments and mince pies, and demonstrating how to make rope from 4pm – 7pm
- Town businesses will be open offering seasonal refreshment
- Over 30 stalls – local market traders, food producers and street food lining West, East and South Street
- The town’s hospitality outlets will be full of Christmas Cheer and good food!
- Free car parking all day on 5 December in all Council car parks. Throughout December in the afternoon there will be 2 hours free car parking in short stay car parks.
The Event will kick off at 3.45 pm with carol singing by local schools
Carols by local schools at United Church and Bucky Doo Square
Music at Bucky Doo
Music outside the Bull Hotel, East Street
Music outside the Ropemakers, West Street
Dance Performances at The Electric Palace, South Street
Entertainment in the LSI
Bucky Doo Events:
Start of Lantern parade from Barrack Street to Borough Gardens.
Father Christmas arrives and Christmas Lights switch on by Town Mayor
Father Christmas Grotto opens
Winner of the Best Dressed Christmas window to be announced